Our REACH experts at ECT are specialised in the area of ecotoxicology, environmental fate and behaviour as well as physico-chemical properties of industrial chemicals. Additional areas are covered through the well-established and reliable co-operation with ECT’s partners.
Prior to the implementation of REACH, ECT has gained experience with industrial chemicals through the compilation and successful submission of more than 30 SIDS dossiers (screening information data sets) for high production volume (HPV) chemicals in co-operation with companies, consortia and competent authorities. Since 2007, ECT has been involved in the registration of more than 300 substances. Thanks to our engagement in research projects, we are familiar with specific data requirements related to substances of very high concern (SVHC), persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic (PBT) substances, and endocrine disruptors.
ECT supports companies during the entire REACH process by offering the following services:
- Identification of information requirements and data gaps
- Data mining and literature search
- Generating and evaluating e-fate and ecotox data with established (Q)SAR models, e.g. US EPA EPI Suite and the OECD QSAR Toolbox
- Data management, evaluation and reporting with IUCLID 6
- Placing, performing and monitoring of required studies according to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Specifying exposure scenarios and conducting the environmental risk assessment
- Preparing the dossier (e.g. technical dossier and chemical safety report)
- Writing of expert judgements (e.g. within CoRAP)
- Assessment of substances of very high concern (SVHC): CMR, PBT, vPvB, endocrine disruptors, and equivalent level of concern
- Classification, Packaging & Labelling (CLP) according to the Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- Communication with the competent authorities (e.g. ECHA)