Plant Protection Products
Our risk assessment team for plant protection products at ECT is experienced in reviewing and summarising ecotoxicological study reports for the preparation of the respective chapters of the pesticide dossier (active substance and formulation) following Regulation (EC) 1107/2009. Our experience covers all sections, i.e. aquatic and terrestrial organisms, as well as higher-tier studies such as field and micro- and mesocosm studies.
We are familiar with the complete set of the FOCUS software and the FOCUS groundwater models that are required for the calculation of predicted environmental concentrations (PEC).
By working on more than 30 pesticide dossiers and reviewing about 190 EU Draft Assessment Reports, we have gathered a broad expertise on possible refinement steps in the environmental risk assessment.
ECT supports companies during the authorisation process with particular attention on pesticide fate and behaviour in the environment, as well as effects on environmental organisms. For a complete handling of plant protection products authorisation, we co-operate with our partners specialised in other areas such as human toxicology.
Our services include:
- Data gap analysis and development of strategies for additional testing
- Performing, placing and monitoring of required studies according to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Preparation of dossiers for the active substance and formulations
- Preparation of the fate (Section 5) and ecotoxicity (Section 6) dossier parts
- Environmental risk assessment and risk refinement
- Project coordination and communication