Our Industrial Chemicals – REACH services team is specialised in the area of ecotoxicology, chemical fate and behaviour as well as physico-chemical properties of industrial chemicals. Additional areas are covered through the reliable and successful co-operation with ECT’s partners.
Since 2003, ECT has worked on more than 30 SIDS Dossiers (Screening Information DataSet) for high production volume chemicals (HPV). In close cooperation with industrial companies, consortia and competent authorities, SIDS Dossiers, SIARs (SIDS Initial Assessment Reports) and SIAPs (SIDS Initial Assessment Profile) of more than ten ICCA/HPV chemicals (incl. chemical categories) have been successfully submitted.
Based on our experience in research projects we are familiar with specific data requirements such as those related to substances of very high concern (SVHC) persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic (PBT) substances, and endocrine disrupting substances.
ECT supports your company during the complete REACH process. We offer the following services:
• Identification of information requirements and data gaps
• Data mining and literature research
• Data management, evaluation and reporting with IUCLID 5
• Placing, performing and monitoring of required studies according to Good Laboratory
• Practice (GLP)
• Conducting the environmental risk assessment and specifying exposure scenarios
• Dossier preparation (e.g. technical dossier, chemical safety report)
• Assessment of substances of very high concern (SVHC): CMR, PBT, vPvB, endocrine
• disruptors, equivalent level of concern
• Classification, Packaging & Labelling according to the Globally Harmonised System (GHS)
• Compiling of Material Safety Data Sheet according to REACH specifications
• Communication with the competent authorities (e.g. ECHA)